Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Archery Adventure at Murphy Lake

December 29, 2015

McKaime, Noah, Kimberly, and I traveled to the lake to shoot our bows with Grandpa and Grandma. The kids enjoyed shooting bag targets and balloons, but the real deal was the private archery range where they got to shoot 3-D targets, cook hotdogs over a fire, and roast marshmallows for s’mores.

Two things to note:

1. McKaime was shooting Angie’s new bow because it would be the bow she would most likely upgrade to. It has a peep hole, sites, and works best with a release. It is an excellent bow and fun to shoot, McKaime whole heartedly agrees. I hope the Patricks forgive us for enticing their daughter so!

2. McKaime was NOT going to get on the golf cart, let alone drive it. Now she is addicted to driving the golf cart. She is a wild woman and Noah is afraid to ride with her…just kidding, sorta.

Also, Kimberly is a natural with a bow and was killing those 3D targets. She and I shared my mom’s bow. All of us shot really well.

I started calling Kimberly, “Kill-bear-ly.” While I completely missed the bear with my shot, Kimberly made a perfect kill shot on it.! Which saved McKaime’s life since McKaime only shot the bear in the shoulder and it was coming to maul her.





No comments:

Post a Comment