Wednesday, September 5, 2012

She Woke Up

Okay so she woke up right after I published the last blog and she does look more like herself with her eyes open. She woke up a little fussy and wanted a bottle, but when she couldn’t feed it to herself because of the arm braces she started to go nuclear…so we took them off. It calmed her instantly, she grabbed her bottle and started to drink. I was able to do our “itsy bitsy spider” song that we sing while I feed her and she did all the movements with me while Eric held the bottle and fed her. Then we did “I’m a little teapot” and “Patty cake” together. We did all this several times and I was able to get a little giggle out of her. So we are doing our normal feeding “routine”. Then she realized the O2 sensor was on her foot and refused the bottle. I moved to get her favorite songs “Fresh Beat Band” playing on the computer. When I went out of sight she got upset. So we moved her so she could see me. When I started the music she started her version of finger snapping like she does when she dances. The music seems to helping her a lot. Her first bottle is almost gone! I will post more pictures when I can take them. She did say “cheese” for the camera but the bottle was blocking her face…then the blood pressure cuff took her pressure and then she got slightly hysterical. So the good news is that when not things are not bothering her she acts fairly normal. We are seeing normal routines as I said. Her blood pressure cuff will come off soon praise the Lord! She just got another dose of morphine from our nurse Felicia; who we say is a true RN- Registered Ninja…she was able to get n old O2 sensor off and a new O2 sensor back on Yaya while Yaya slept and didn’t wake her. Felicia is very tickled about being a RN (registered ninja). Yaya waved goodbye to her just now when she left the room. Yaya is now playing “Toddler Tapping Zoo” on my phone, a favorite thing to do for her. It shows different real pictures of animals and you tap them to make them make their sound. She is fond of eagle and wolf…much to my chagrin, not the noises you want to hear repeated 200 times. But if it makes her happy she can do it all day long. While we know there will rough times ahead we are encouraged.

3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at the difference! The repair looks so good! It's wonderful that Yaya is already drinking and playing. I pray for a good restful night for one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very thankful that the surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to say, I'm thinking about you and praying your post-op time is going well!

    ReplyDelete