Saturday, November 24, 2012

Ummm was I “thankful” on Thanksgiving?

Okay so it occurs to me that I didn’t post any real opinions or emotions regarding Thanksgiving. I feel that it needs to be said that I don’t particularly care about this holiday. Not that it isn’t special per se, but it just has never been a big deal for Eric and I. Christmas, however, is a different story. But in trying to keep with the spirit of thankfulness of the season…I am thankful for many things; but I am too dog gone tired and emotionally tapped to discuss it. My family…of course. My friends…absolutely. My God and Savior…goes without saying. I have found that little things make me more thankful that big ones recently, for example; a sink clear of dishes, clutterless counter tops and floors devoid of toys and clothing, all make me shiny happy.  When my youngest daughter looks me in the eyes, when my middle daughter lets me sneak a kiss, when my son wants to snuggle close at bedtime and my when husband makes me laugh so hard I cry …pure joy. Clorox toilet scrubbing wand, vanilla creamer, my bed, Christmas lights, and peanut M&M’s…so thankful. I feel a reflection about life as we know it coming on but it will be in a few more posts likely. At the end of the day, my God is faithful and his grace is sufficient, that I am the most thankful for. Peace out y’all.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. I hear you on ALL of it :) Thankful for the little things, and friends like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you my dear! This is a season and you will soon be in another looking back at this one with some very special memories and growth . . . ready to face the next!

    I wish I lived closer I would love to help in some small way! You are precious and I'm thankful that we traveled at the same time.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so well said!! those small things during the mothering years with little ones and a year with a new little one in your family - it makes those little things SO important I am finding! clean laundry makes me giddy! toys put away - euphoric! 3 hours of sleep would be BLISS! And THANK our God for his grace - so well said! One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete