Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Best Christmas Present This Year

Okay so several years ago..like 3 maybe, I dropped my laptop and lost the entire hard drive. I was BEYOND devastated. I hadn’t backed it up in ages and some really good stuff was on that hard drive. Eric sent it off to be evaluated to see if any of the data recovery companies could help us out. We could get a lot of it recovered but at a price that was staggering. So we didn’t do it. I had lost several important videos of my Compassion children and other Kenyan friends. I had lost a photo book I was working on that was for Noah, all his photo’s plus journaling from birth to 3 years old…I was almost done. And I lost this…

Can you stand it?!!! Noah at 3 years old spontaneously bursting into song and what a song he chose! I would sing it to him every night and clearly he was listening. I cry every time I see this video. So you can see now why I was so upset my hard drive was fried.  This Christmas was wonderful and when everyone had finished opening gifts I heard Eric says, “Noah, grab Daddy’s computer.” I didn’t really pay much attention to it, until I heard this sweet little voice talking, I turned around and Eric had his computer pointed at me with the above video playing. Of course I cried…like I always do, only it was for multiple reasons. Even Eric admitted he cried when he saw it again for the first time. Eric had been squirreling money away for quite sometime and was able to get all my precious memories back. Now they are saved in like 4 different places.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! How much would it cost you to have the hard drive recovered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, how sweet is that little voice?!! A very merry Christmas indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what an incredible present!! He is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome gift and for Eric to save it for Christmas....so special!

    ReplyDelete