Friday, November 30, 2012

Nothing Says Thanksgiving Like Head Lice…

That’s right the Williamson’s were ceremonially “unclean” over the recent holidays and truth be told I’m still unsure about Eden even now…and I’ve medicated her head THREE TIMES!!! After the initial shock was over the most daunting part of the process was the laundry. The sheer volume was unbelievable! The amount of bedding we lie around in shocked even me…blankets, lovies, sleeping bags, sheets, comforters, pillow pets, pillow cases not to mention all the clothing. Our hot water heater had to take a break in the middle of the day.

IMG_3448

The other thing I’d like to mention is that all lice treatments are not the same. Just ask Noah and Eric. I had a lice treatment kit already in the house for some reason and it required you to leave on the medication for 4 hours and you had to bag your head. Noah thought this was cool for the first 15 minutes. God love the kid he wore the bag for 4 hours. His father decided to use the same treatment but we didn’t have an additional cap for him to use so he improvised…I’m so proud. (sarcasm)

IMG_3440IMG_3454

Thank you Target and a clothes pin for making this memory happen.  The treatments I found for the girls and myself were leave in for 10 minutes, comb though and wash out. All in all I think we are bug free. I’ll be keeping  a close eye on Eden. I see now why some Mom’s just cut of their children’s hair when this happens. Round three of Eden in a different product almost sent me over the edge. Bless my sweet girl who doesn’t even like her hair brushed, for sitting patiently while I pulled all her fine tangled hair through a narrow toothed lice comb. In a closing comment I’d just like to say… “Ewwwwwwwww!!!!”

1 comment:

  1. I've been there and done that many times when the kids were in school. It's no fun at all. Thankfully, we didn't lose the hot water heater in the middle of the process.

    Jordan had well below the shoulders long blond hair and trying to get all those nits out was a daunting job! I feel your pain. I also washed her hair about three times. Don't and I repeat don't wash it again for a day or two that stuff is toxic to the brain. I was told this my the dermatologist's wife per him when we were going through this1

    Bless you sweet friend! Praying we don't get it here! Oh when Jordan had it we had to treat the entire family including Granny with Alzheimer's. She rubbed the shampoo in her eyes and we ended up calling poison control! See told you, I've been there and done that!

    Oh....love the photos! It looks like Eric and Noah were talking it all in stride!

    ReplyDelete