Sunday, March 29, 2015

It’s Their Father’s Fault, I Blame Eric

Eric has been reading the Lord of the Rings series to Noah recently in the evenings. This came about due to Noah asking to watch the movies. Until he has read the books, he is not allowed to watch the movies, so says his father. Currently they are reading The Two Towers. Noah enjoyed the Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring. We are NOT however, letting him watch the Hobbit movie as it is overkill on gore and violence. So this evening at the time the guys usually go read Eric says to Noah,

“Boy, go get in bed.”

To which Noah responds, “You have to read me a book.”

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do.”

“No. I don’t.”

“Yes! You do.”

“No. I. Don’t.”

“Fine. You’ll ruin my childhood.”

Bwah ha ha ha ha! I love that Noah has such a quick wit and humor. They are reading together as I write this blog.

Hope apparently has also gotten in on the quips today. Hope is not a big fluid drinker. She is probably close to dehydration all the time. I have to stay on this child 24/7 to drink water…or anything really. But currently my push is water. When children (or anyone) are properly hydrated their attitudes are better, they feel better, and behave better. Okay, enough backstory. So today, while Eric was on the computer, he reached over to a side table to grab his water bottle, only to find it missing. He peered around the side of the table and found Hope sitting against the wall sipping on his water. Laughing, he said, “Hope what are you doing?”

In a sing-song fashion she replied, “I’m drink-in’ your wa-ter.”

“What?! Give me back my water!” Eric stammered.

She cut her eyes and quipped, “Mama said I have to drink water.”

Somewhat stunned and very amused Eric simply replied, “Well alright then, you go ahead and drink my water.” Which she did.

Last, but not least, sweet Eden. I probably should not write this until I get further clarification on what actually transpired, but I feel it may actually have more comedic value without any explanation. Running the bath water, Eric and Eden were cutting up in the bathroom together. I could hear them laughing and screaming at each other. As I walked by the bathroom door, I hear Eden bellow out, “Back ninja bastard! Back Ninja Bastard!” Pausing, I turn around and walk back to the bathroom and stick my head in to see Eden jump into the bath screaming once again, “Ninja bastard!” I catch Eric’s eye. You know how you can have an entire conversation with someone through just one glance? This is what I picked up: “Make no comments or sudden movements! Move along! If we say nothing, she will forget she even said it! She thinks she made up the word and she hardly ever remembers her made up words. For the love of all things holy, just close the door quietly and move on!”

Yep, that’s my girl.

It occurs to me that all these interactions were ones between the children and their father, I’m sure that means something important, however, I am too tired to pontificate on it now. So I will simply leave you with a picture of my little cherubs…

P.S. Happy Palm Sunday

WP_20150318_17_14_08_Pro

1 comment:

  1. In Eden's defense, I believe she was crafting a word from "Master" and some other word starting with a "b" but it sure came out sounding interesting...

    ReplyDelete