Sunday, March 15, 2015

Love Manor Staff Visit

On March 12, 2015, the Director of Love Manor orphanage in Chongqing, China was in Birmingham. This of course was Hope’s last orphanage. Our guide while we were in the last leg of our trip, Rebecca, was in town as well.  Knowing this would be a hard visit, we still decided to take the whole family to the meet and greet at Lifeline. We got some good pictures with the Director of Love Manor but I don’t think we ever saw her during our process in China. My goal is to have as many touch points with China as we can. Developing a relationship with this woman is important. As the relationships between Lifeline and the partner orphanages grow, we will continue to see visitors from these partnerships. It is my hope that this director takes Hope’s pictures back to people that may recognize her and that she does this year after year. I want to grow a relationship such that should we ever visit China, we would be welcome at Love Manor. While we were at Lifeline the director qq’d one of the “teachers” at the Love Manor and when Hope saw the phone she turned away and buried her head in my shoulder. The teacher shook her head “no” like she didn’t recognize Hope. Quickly I pulled up a picture of Hope on my phone from when she was at Love Manor.When she saw the picture she said, “OOOOHH!” Then the director turned the camera to Hope once again. Had I not been so distracted  I would have asked some important questions, “Did the teacher recognizer her? If so, what was her role ?  Can I have a picture of her?” So I emailed Lifeline  to see if they can get those answers for me.  Any piece of Hope’s past I can acquire are like precious gems to me and hopefully will be to her one day as well.

Chongqing Lifeline visit 1Chongqing Lifeline visit 2

1 comment:

  1. Dear family, do you remember me?
    I'm Laura, Joan Qianxin's mother (Spain, Mallorca). Our children were together at the orphanage and they are very similar. How is your precious daughter? Joan Qianxin in June turned 9 years old and is happy and precious. I would like to hear from you. my mail is laurac1508@gmail.com. Blessings for your precious family

    ReplyDelete