Monday, September 24, 2012

Quick Update

I’m not as diligent as I’d like to be about the blogging lately. And that is all I’m saying on that. I wanted to give a quick update on Yaya’s lip…it looks fabulous. We are down to one little stitch that you can barely see on the pouty part of her lip. We her “3 week” check up for it on Oct 4. (Yeah I know it’s 4 weeks but I didn’t schedule it…the doctor’s office did.) I hope we get to talk about when her palate will be done. Since surgery her desire to talk has shot through the roof. I think the new lip coupled with being able to hear clearly has really made her want to speak. I had been hoping for a January palate repair date but now I wish we could do it tomorrow, just so she could start learning to talk. We now have to really step up the sign language for her. We also have to force her to use it. She’d rather just scream and make us guess, so we are having to really work with her to use her signs. It is frustrating to her, but isn’t this what you do with toddlers anyway…”use your words honey”. We are doing that with Eden as well. Yaya is back to eating baby food again and we are back down to only 3.5 bottles a day. The eating isn’t where I’d like it to be, but she averages about 3-4 containers a day and we want her eating 5-6…so we are getting there. Yaya (dare I speak this out loud) has slept well the past 4 nights! She has had only one nightmare and that was well before we went to bed. She wakes one time during the night and if we reach in the crib and hold her hand she goes right back to sleep. So it has almost been like normal sleep for us 4 days in a row, with regards to Yaya. (I was still up with Eden with strep issues. I never sleep.)  I’m sure now that I’ve blogged this Yaya will have a two hour night terror but I am at least thankful for the past 4 nights. The girls are “off and and on” sisters. They spent 3 days quarrelling like sisters this past week. I was literally the referee (Foreshadowing, I know)  Now I have to say that Eden had strep and we didn’t know it so that may have played into the fighting…hmmmm…uhhhhhyeah. They occasionally like each other though. We have caught them watching TV together. Once when I had to get up to go get the phone, Eden replaced me in sitting behind Yaya. And when I asked them to pose for a picture on a walking trail they went and sat down next to each other on a step and both said cheese! It’s the little things that are such a blessing that I get excited over now. Below is pictures of most of those moments. My favorite picture in this post, however, is the one of Noah…check out what he did to his hair and how COOL is he?!!! Love that kid. (P.S. Eden took the picture of Eric and Yaya below!)

C360_2012-09-19-13-14-01IMG_2435IMG_2439IMG_2481IMG_2480

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for sleep for tonight.

    That Noah is one cool cat. And Eden took such a good photo of Eric & Yaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for all of you regularly. I love your family my friend.

    ReplyDelete