Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This face…

I first fell in love with this face on November 7, 2011 at 12:11 p.m.

1316589314645

And then I fell more in love with this face on April 20, 2012 at 7:55 p.m.

IMG_1610

THEN on May 14, 2012 at roughly 3:00 p.m. in Chongqing, China I fell deeper in love with this face.

daddy says hello

I LOVE THIS FACE!

IMG_2174

I ADORE this face; this wonderful beautiful face! And I am going to miss it desperately. It is the eve of Yaya’s lip revision and I am so conflicted. Many of you other cleft Mom’s out there are gonna get this as well as some of my close friends and family…but others are not. I just simply don’t want to change her face. Obviously, I want her to talk and to eat well and to be accepted anywhere she goes. I just can’t believe I won’t seeing this specific face in this specific fashion looking back at me anymore. I don’t like that idea at all. Booooo on having to do this! I mean this is why we have her! If her little face had been finished in the womb…she likely would still be in China!

Now having said that I am also anxious to see how God is going to continue to create his little masterpiece named Yaya. I am dying to see how he uses the hands of Dr. John Grant to continue shaping this little one into all that he has desired her to be. The anticipation is almost like Christmas Eve when I was a kid! And by almost I mean EXACTLY! It is incredible to think that God is starting to finish the work he began 2 years and 11 months ago in the womb of a woman we sadly will never know. I think about Yaya’s parents tonight, how I wish I could tell her biological Mother and Father the exciting news.That our Lord continuing the work of making their daughter whole.

My sweet Noah just came in the room and asked for a family prayer…we are great spiritual leaders for our children, eh? (In our defense he was playing and snuggling with Grandma who is really just one step below Jesus in Noah’s world.) When it was his turn to pray he was already crying. He prayed that Eden would not be afraid of Yaya’s newly repaired lip and that she would accept Yaya’s new appearance instantly. When we all finished praying I asked what was wrong. I prompted, “Are you going to miss her face?” He started to sob and nod his head and then he said that he was more worried that she would think we were giving her away again and that SHE would be afraid. Can I tell you that no 8 year old has a heart this big!! I am amazed and humbled by his compassion, it is unreal. It is straight from the heart of Jesus. I am so proud of this young man and I am so moved by his love. He teaches me so much. What an honor to be his mother.

Then as if she knew we were talking about her…Yaya started screaming. Eric just went down to quiet her. I am concerned for her tonight only in that she didn’t eat hardly any baby food today. She is going to be starving tomorrow. Praise you Jesus that she is first on the surgery schedule! We have been telling her for several days what will be going on with her tomorrow. Today when Eric was in the bath her with and started to tell her again she reached up to her lip and rubbed it like, “I know what you are talking about.” I am just praying that the Holy Spirit is translating for us this thought, “We will be separated for a short time, then Mama and Daddy will come get you. We will always come for you. You don’t have to be afraid, we will be back together soon” Noah’s fear is mine as well, but in reassuring him, I think I helped reassure myself. Keep us in you prayers dear ones. I will update as I can. Blessings.

5 comments:

  1. I just found your new blog. How did I not know you had a new blog? :) I get it. Hannah's lip was repaired when I got her, but the one picture I have of her before her lip was repaired in China is so very precious. Hannah has a copy in a frame in her room and she loves the picture too. But I had the same feelings of "no, don't change her!" when Dr. Grant did a lip revision, and again a couple years ago when he did some work on her nose. And now, I do miss the lopsided grin and "scrunched" nose (her words). But in the same way you miss thigh rolls on a baby or cute little toddler cheeks, or ...any of the things we miss on our kiddos as they grow. But at the same time, I love watching her grow into the person she is meant to be. And oh my - Noah? What an awesome, awesome kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your family - especially your sweet, beautiful Yaya - that God's presence is uniquely with her on this journey for the brief time she is separated from her Mama and Daddy and brother and sister - for the bonding afterwards with Eden and just the healing of her physically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i just lost a very long comment, see if i have patience to do it again....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, we have been 'silently' following your journey since we found your blog after meeting in the adoption hall back in May. Except we were giving away our 'foster' son. Since his family doesn't have a blog it was good for us to see the process of someone else. (although they have been very good in sending pictures and emails and keeping us in touch) he too will be having the first of 5 surgeries and we too can't imagine him with a different face. i thought often of his parents and how much they have missed. we just read a great book i'd like to recommend called 'letters to a chinese mother' by xinran. it gives you a glimpse into the hearts of chinese women, although the author is not a C. Pr2ying things go well with the surgery and as you continue this journey. we hope to foster again soon, its in our blood ;0) Becki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, I just wanted you to know that I was praying for you my sweet friend! I especially pray that Hope (Yaya) will not be afraid or have any sense of loss as she goes to surgery! I pray sweet peace for you that wait. I will be watching FB and here for updates!

    I totally get you missing her face!

    ReplyDelete