Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fevers, Congestion, Coughing & Ear Infections

Okay so this title describes the medial conditions of my two little girls. Yaya is congested with fever. If she still has it tomorrow morning we head to the 9:15 am appointment I already have set up for her. If she wakes fever free…then we scrap the appointment and weather this cold. Our malady options if she still has fever are: nasty virus, pneumonia, sinus infection, and flu. I’m super excited about all those options…not. I pray that tonight somehow she can sleep even though she can’t breathe out of her nose. We all need sleep desperately. P.S. She is off her hydrocodone, just Tylenol and Motrin alternating.

Our sweet Eden still has a stinkin’ ear infection! She has had some sort of fever/cold/cough for almost 4 weeks now. Her phlegmy rattily cough caused enough alarm today that I took her to the doctor and found out about said ear infection. Praise the Lord her lungs are crystal clear. So even though she sounds like she has walking pneumonia, it is drainage from the bad ear. So we had to get a very painful big antibiotic shot and then we are starting a new course of oral antibiotics for her. Yay. Not.

Both girls want to happy but it is hard for them. Eden is pretty doggone cute recently but sweet Yaya is just miserable. She is regressing with attachment, which we expected, but wow it is draining for Mama to pull her out of her anxiety. She began dropping eye contact today with everyone and was insistent about being ON Daddy. She would refuse me for most things in the afternoon. By early evening it was time for intervention and we spent an hour locked in her room together with her screaming and crying non-stop. My mere breathing irritated her. So imagine how she loved me talking and reading books allowed. She finally gave up control and fell into my arms after an hour. She would make eye contact and respond to my questions. She asked to see her brother. So I took her to Noah and she started crying and then made the sign for sad. It was so cute and heartbreaking to me that she wanted to go tell Buh-buh she was feeling sad. She was doing well when I left the house to go to Noah’s parents night at his school and seemed well upon my return. Eric let me know that he and my Mom attempted bedtime with disastrous results. Yaya was too anxious to let Eric put her down and Eden didn’t want him going down with Yaya and wouldn’t stay with my Mom. The girls then decided I was the one to put them both down. Yaya went down pretty easy. Eden…not so much. But it is here nor there. 

We need rest in this family for all of us, both the infirmed and their caregivers! Keep us in your prayers friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Angie, I'm praying for you and your sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete