Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother’s Day 2013

Such a great day! I am so blessed with the family and friends that I have. We woke up late today…8:04 a.m.! Unheard of! Eric made chocolate chip pancakes and bacon while I raced into the shower. I was finishing getting ready when Eden opened the bathroom door to tell me she had a Mother’s Day gift for me. Noah popped his head around the corner to say he too had a gift for me. I had to close my eyes and they led me to the playroom where they had their gifts on the table. Eden had made a canvas rose fist print piece of art for me and Noah had a mason jar with Russian hot tea mix in it. He hand made the card. Then I walked into the dining room to set down our drinks for breakfast and on the table was a bouquet of flowers and a hydrangea was in it…my favorite! And there was a Milkyway dark candy bar and a funny card from Eric.

IMG_4757

Then we some how managed to get everyone dressed and in the car for church. We decided to go to our old home church, St. Peter’s Anglican Church and celebrate this day with the church family we hold so dear! It was wonderful to be there and to be loved on. It was such a gift and a blessing. I have been smiling the whole day. I haven’t seen many of these people in almost  a year! It was so great to show off our family and let the people who invested in Yaya’s life see the transformation that has happened in her life. All of our children were fawned over and it was wonderful, simply wonderful. We all needed a little TLC. We were one of the last families to leave….as usual and we got home and I got a couple pictures made with me and the kiddos!

IMG_4761

We made some lunch. We played around a bit in the afternoon. We Skyped my parents who are in the Florida Keys right now. And then Yaya decided she was going to sit on her potty and wear big girl underwear! Then 30 minutes later…she used her potty for real! Talk about a Mother’s Day gift! You know you are a Mom when you are elated over “pee pee in the potty” as a Mother’s Day gift.

Monkey see. Monkey do. This is where Big Sister Eden really shines! Yaya wants to be just like Eden. They are sitting side by side in the bathroom. I figured it was inappropriate to put the full picture out on the web so the legs are enough. I didn’t realize how skinny Eden looks next to Yaya, I swear I’m feeding her!

Then I went to youth group for my last time at St. Peter’s. It was a lovely evening. We met at the Homewood park and played Frisbee and then went and got popsicles and ended up eating at the Purple Onion.  It was so nice and I came home to a cleaned up kitchen and two little girls getting ready for bed. I got to sing Eden to sleep and I got to talk to my BFF, Cathy. Now I’m quickly blogging and then I’m hitting the bed. It was a great day! Noah  and Eden were not really about having their picture taken, but Yaya loves a camera!

IMG_4758IMG_4779

No comments:

Post a Comment