Sunday, January 18, 2015

6 Month Post-Op Yaya

Here we are at Yaya’s six month check-up for her December 2014, palate surgery. We got bored waiting and the camera came out and below is some of what happened. Thankfully, our visit was very positive. Dr. Grant said that her palate looked great and was healing nicely. In his opinion, if all things stay the course, she should have perfect speech by June. Excuse me? I’m sorry, I missed that...perfect speech by June? Seriously?! I can’t even imagine how that will be for our sweet girl. He said some other things about other surgeries if it isn’t perfect, and then talked some about passing her off to the oral surgeon in June. Currently, her sphincter in the back of her palate is not functioning, it is still healing. When it begins working, her speech should really take off. It seems so surreal that clear speech for Yaya could happen in just six months. So now we just work hard in speech therapy and pray that she “gets it.” This I’m not worrying about too much  as Yaya is so smart, I know she’ll figure it out. Oh and how gorgeous is she right over there to the left?

Yayas 6mo palate check copy

No comments:

Post a Comment