Saturday, May 16, 2015

Huntsville Botanical Gardens Lego Exhibit Road Trip

Two words: in love. What an incredible day with fantastic friends! Williamsons, Millers, and Hintons road trip! Strangely, I didn’t get a picture with or of Heather…we were both chasing littles I guess. Anyhoo, these gardens are A-mazing!  The giant Lego exhibits just make them better! Strangely, the hammocks were the highlight of the trip. Can’t wait to go back!

The butterfly house was beautiful and the kids really enjoyed themselves there. Hope was excited about all the butterfly benches and wanted several pictures on all of them. The clipboards have a scavenger hunt worksheet that all the kids did and enjoyed. Thus allowing me to call this a homeschool day. Score!

The Hammocks

I believe these are the best kept secret in Huntsville. Tired, hot, and full from lunch we rounded a corner and saw a grove of trees in the distance laden with hammocks! At roughly a dozen, these hammocks provided us with literally hours of entertainment. The mama’s rested (mostly) while the kids went buck wild on these hammocks. Kids were screaming, falling out, swinging high, joining other kids, and thoroughly enjoying themselves. In fact, this area was such a hit, that upon our trek back to our cars, we stopped again for a little more hammock time.  Hope and I got some good cuddles in while her siblings were thrill seeking on their own hammocks. Here is both my outward view and my upward view. Both uniquely different but fabulously gorgeous. If I had a day just for Eric and I to relax and do nothing in particular, I’d drive to Huntsville and pay our entrance fee just to swing all day in these puppies. D-ivine.

hbot lego 1hbot lego 2hbot butterfly houseNikkis flowersH-bot gnomeshbot hammock 1hbot hammock 2Hbot scenicH-bot

No comments:

Post a Comment