Thursday, December 6, 2012

Let Her Eat Pion…uh I Mean Cake

I wrote this post over Thanksgiving and meant to post it but I forgot…

Eden is one of the funny kids I know. Today when Grandma was referring to the chocolate cake we get to eat after Thanksgiving dinner she spelled it. “We will have the c-a-k-e after dinner, right?” Eden without missing a beat sings out excitedly, “Oh yay! I love P-I-O-N!” Everyone paused a minute and cracked up. Clearly Eden had no idea what she was spelling or doing but she hand an inkling that because Grandma was spelling that it must be something good. She knew it was four letters long and so she went with  P-I-O-N. And now that is what we will always call, cake. When the pion was served Eden grabbed her bowl and marched to the kitchen singing  to the tune of High Ho The Dairy Oh; “I want some in a bowl, I want some in a bowl, high ho the dairy oh, I want some in a bowl! Which she got.  Love. This. Kid.

IMG_3023IMG_3024IMG_3025IMG_3026

No comments:

Post a Comment