Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Miracle Worker

My dear friend Angel has an incredible family that we dearly love. Recently her daughter, Tori, was cast as Helen Keller in the play, The Miracle Worker, put on by The Playhouse in the Park (Mobile, AL). To say that Tori was incredible would be a gross understatement. She killed it. Within minutes II  forgot she was Tori and believed she was indeed Helen Keller. Truly amazing performance. Being Helen Keller and doing it well is no easy feat. There are no lines to memorize you are “performing gestures.” Meaning, she had to memorize everyone else’s lines to know when to “act out” as Helen. Wow. Just Wow! I am so thankful that I got to go see this amazing 12 year old girl shine like her Creator made her to do. It was such a gift to experience and celebrate this event with the Dahlgren family. Angel is one of my favorite people…on the planet. Laughter always flows from our relationship and I am so blessed by it.  I was sad that we all couldn’t see Tori in this play but I am hopeful that she will audition for Pippy Longstocking! Then the whole family will plan to go down and see her. Note: I laughed how her twin brother Talon enjoyed sniffing Tori’s colorful bouquet that she passed to him so she could sign autographs! She’s famous. I know her. She even autographed my program for me. I plan on selling it on eBay for millions of dollars when she is known worldwide...just sayin.’

tori 2015Tori HK 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment