Thursday, March 28, 2013

14 Years…

C360_2013-03-28-05-16-56

Yesterday Eric and I celebrated 14 years of marriage! Wow! 14 years! Hard to believe its been that long. Wild to think of all we’ve done together in that amount of time. So we celebrated by Eric going to work and I feverishly cleaned the house and took care of the girls. Our dear friends the Powell’s and their daughters came over for dinner and it was a wonderful evening of fellowship and laughter. Our “gift” was that Noah was walking out the door for school and said, “Mom, can I try sleeping in my own bed in my bedroom tonight?” “YES YOU CAN, SON!” was my instantaneous reply. “But could one of you sleep in Grandma’s room upstairs with me?” “Sure, buddy  no problem.” So Eric and I spent our anniversary night on two separate floors in the house. In a stellar parenting move, we both forgot to put Eden back in a diaper (she went to sleep in her big girl underwear and a princess dress) and at 4:02 am this morning she was crying. I ran upstairs and Eric and I about collided in the hall as he came staggering out of Noah’s room. She was soaking wet, as was her bedding. I held her in a fuzzy blanket while Eric wrestled the old bedding off her bed and then wrestled new bedding on. We put our little angel back into bed fairly quickly and she fell right back asleep. Eric staggered back down the hall to Noah’s room and I went down stairs to bed…only I was now wide awake. So here I sit a 5:06 am blogging and reading blogs. I am totally going to pay for this. But in my defense I didn’t eat a whole lot at dinner and my tummy was growling. I might have also just finished a bowl of fruity cheerrios…I’m just sayin’.

Anyway, I am so thankful to our Lord for putting Eric and I together. After 14 years…it just gets better and better. He is my best friend and he can make me laugh like no other person can…still. I miss him terribly; which I know sounds weird. However, this past year has made it near to impossible to spend anytime alone together…and I mean for even a conversation. We got a 2 hour dinner escape one time recently in the past 10 months, but other than that we are two ships passing in the night as they say. We look forward to better days this year and time spent together. But God love this man, why he would want to spend time with me is incredible because I am so often so strung out over dealing with the girls I don’t know how he stands me. This man is amazing. I’m so grateful. He is my love and I look forward to another 14 years together.

THEN…

C360_2013-03-28-05-16-18C360_2013-03-28-05-17-39

NOW…

202205

No comments:

Post a Comment