Sunday, March 31, 2013

Celebrating Easter: A Photo Montage

Apparently you have to have your shirt off to dye eggs…who knew?!

IMG_4330IMG_4332IMG_4344

…we are so red neck.

On Saturday, we went to Riverchase UMC for an egg hunt and a kid version of the stations of the cross. We had a great time as a family. Need to give a shout out to my friend Julie who made the girls cute E and H shirts. Depending on how they stand together they spell, “he” or “eh”.

IMG_4354IMG_4358IMG_4363IMG_4364IMG_4385IMG_4402IMG_4390IMG_4396IMG_4409IMG_4411

This photo above is the, “He is Risen!” photo. I yelled that phrase and they all yelled, “Yay!” and spontaneously all three put their hands in the air!

Later the same day we went to see Eric’s parents. We had a really lovely time. I miss seeing them.  His parents gave the kids a lot of fun gifts and trinkets from around their home. Their favorite gift was these weird little hats. they look like paper vases…until you put them on your head. You can put the hat on in either shape, so really it is two hats in one…how can you resist that?! Eden came home with the black and yellow one. P.S. Yaya, not a fan.

C360_2013-03-30-15-41-00C360_2013-03-30-15-40-35C360_2013-03-30-16-06-23

Then on to the biggest day in history! HE IS RISEN! We spent a leisurely morning watching the kids dig through their Easter baskets. (The slinky was a big hit this year for everyone.) The kids hunted plastic eggs and all agreed to get into their Easter clothes without complaint. May I just take a minute to give a BIG SHOUT OUT TO JENNIFER!! She made the girls’ dresses! I was lamenting at the C4C conference that Yaya only wears one pair of shoes. Red, black and white, Minnie Mouse shoes…they will clash ever so nicely with whatever Easter outfit I buy. Oh and Eden only has pink and purple Abby Kadabby shoes because her feet grew quickly and we just only found out and I haven’t invested in “church” shoes yet. SOOOOO, my dear friend made amazing dresses that matched their shoes PERFECTLY! Cuz that is what Easter is about…fashion. I. Loved. It.  Below the first picture you see of Yaya is her telling us what she is doing. She is signing the letter, “X”. She is hunting “X”. Translation: Hunting eggs. God love my child who can’t talk yet but can communicate, cuz friends…X sounds like eggs. Smart girl, that one! P.S. Why are my children always without clothing?!!!

IMG_4417IMG_4425IMG_4429IMG_4432IMG_4437IMG_4438IMG_4440IMG_4460IMG_4463

Well at least Eric and I are smiling…I was just thrilled to have all 5 of us in the photo. It’s gonna help us out a lot come our one year post adoption report for China. So thankful to have fun filled family days now. The girls did great in their class and Noah made two new friends in his class. Eric and I got to go to worship together and have communion together for the first time I think in 11 months. It was good to be in the house of the Lord worshiping.

Here is how Eric’s day ended…DOG PILE ON DADDY!!!

C360_2013-03-31-16-06-42

Seriously!? Now Eden isn’t wearing clothes. I do own clothing for them, I swear. I just think I have to duct tape them on my children if I want them to stay in their clothes.

Our luxurious Easter lunch…

IMG_4464

The “no clothes” thing is starting to make sense now isn’t it? It’s all coming together…

And here is Easter dinner…

C360_2013-03-31-18-16-45

Makes lunch look like a feast, eh?! Yep, cereal and toast. It’s what everyone wanted. How can I refuse?

I am so thankful for my Jesus. It was a really wonderful day. He is Risen indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Finally, I'm catching up on my blog reading! I love seeing the fun family times together! Noah is really growing!

    ReplyDelete