Monday, March 25, 2013

Eden Marie is so Dad’gum Cute!

IMG_4209

I should be following Eden around with a tape recorder because this child says the funniest, cutest things! She is my joy and she cracks us all up. On the morning of February 15, 2013 in a 5 minute time span she said several things that I actually wrote down. Myself, Noah and Eden were all sitting at the table for breakfast and Noah was coughing a lot because he had a cold. He didn’t feel very well at all. I started to joke with Noah telling him to stop coughing and to knock it off, knowing full well he couldn’t help what was happening. He stated to grin at my teasing. Eden seeing this says to her brother, “Jesus loves you…but he doesn’t want you coughing anymore.” Apparently dropping the Jesus card will make Noah stop coughing since he clearly wasn’t listening to Mommy’s requests. We all laughed and I let Eden know I was just kidding with brother and that it wasn’t his fault he was coughing. Her reply was, “I’m sorry he’s hurting. And I love you too Buh-buh, and I know he’s hurting.” Awwww, break my heart, so sweet!! And then somehow the conversation turned to the topic of one of Eden’s little friends, Beckett. When I mentioned his name Eden got a dreamy voice and expression and said, “Because he’s my favorite guy. I love him very much.” Again so sweet!

I wish I had pen and paper for the ones that really slay us. These are cute but she constantly says things that are really funny. We are watching our little girl really blossom recently. Yaya’s surgery was hard on her because it was a flashback to, “all about Yaya,” again. But she has bounced back and has been especially kind and thoughtful, because that is who she is. She is fearless in so many things and then unbearably shy with strangers or men in general. She has a super crush on our dear son, Stee-Stee (Stephen), she screams Stee-Stee when he comes in the house and then runs away and peeks in on him the entire time. She won’t let him touch her, but sometimes he sneaks up on her and gets her and I’m sure she is wetting her diaper every time he does it. Then he leaves and all she can talk about is him, and we have to “bless Stee-Stee” every night.

Eden is super into “tell me a story.” She loves us to make up bedtime stories. Daddy tells her all about Middle Earth, Hobbits, Gandalf and goblins. I tell her about unicorns, Glenda the good witch, and bitty robot from outer space. Occasionally, I’ll go Hobbit…but that is really Daddy’s thing.  She also loves her two friends, Wormy (Daddy’s pointer finger that talks and pretends to be a worm), and Squirmy (Mommy’s pointer finger….blah blah you get the idea). Eden is very much a fan of her big brother. They play a lot together now recently and Yaya jumps in the fray more and more. So it’s pretty fun to watch.

IMG_4277

Eden still doesn’t like her hair messed with or put up in anyway, but she will tolerate pigtails if I force the issue, as pictured above. She loves twirly dresses! She spins like an ice skater on one of Noah’s rings hanging from the ceiling…it’s pretty amazing. Check the video below. Eden watches a lot of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She also will watch Wow Wow Wubbzy, Team Umizumi, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Sofia the First, The Fresh Beat Band, and Octonauts. She also likes the Tinkerbell movies…we all do actually. Eden is a little artist an loves painting and creating. She also likes anything tiny with a million pieces…kill me.

She can actually spin faster than that, but she was checking out how good the new dress twirled. She is a precocious little girl and I love it! She isn’t disrespectful precocious but she just knows her own mind. Eden is very independent…the “I can do it myself phase", is in full swing. When she gets too aggravated about something she will growl really low and sometimes yell at it before hurtling it across the room. She also is testing out the, “I. DON’T. WANT. TO!” phase…not my favorite, not a fan. And folks let me tell you, she hangs on like a junk yard dog to things she doesn’t want do or things she wants you to do but I won’t let her. She is relentless. Currently I can still wait her out and win…I always when; even if she doesn’t think I do (hee hee). Eden is just an overall delight. What a gift she is in my life, God’s goodness is so evident in her. What an honor to be able to call her my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment